To clear my mind and make negative emotions less intense, I like to relax at the spa or exercise at 24hr Fitness. I also like to do silly things to remind myself of life's goodness like having Disney movie marathons or N'sync lip-sync sessions.
Another strategy I've tried to improve my mood long-term and adopt a more positive world view is shadowboxing. This trick certainly offers a quick mood boost and confidence lift, which has worked wonders for me and I hope it will help you too:
- Stand up.
- Find a spot in the room where you can see your shadow on the wall.
- Begin with a slight skip-jog motion.
- Loosen up your shoulders.
- Do a couple air jabs.
- Control your breathing (i.e., in thru nose and out thru mouth).
- Keep up your skip-jog pace.
- If you're willing and able, do your best Ali impression: “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee” “I AM the GREATEST!”
- Do more air jabs.
- Continue until you’re smiling/laughing.
- Shake it off and stay strong.
- Resume life prepared to fight back in a much better mood.